One of the variations deduced from the McIan drawing of 1845-7. This sett was woven by the Inverness Tweed Mill company in 1869. In 1980 the Nicholsons and the MacNicols became separate clans. When Lord Carnock was recognised as chief of the Nicolsons, Lord Lyon accepted the petition of Ian Nicholson of Scorrybreac, to change his name and re-matriculate his arms as Iain Macneacail of Macneacail and Scorrybreac. Thus the Skye MacNicols are now members of the Clan MacNeacail. See Nicholson.