|The Bonnie Banks and Braes of Loch Lomand were
the setting for the interesting and sometimes violent history of the
Colquhouns of Luss. Their tartan is well documented, appearing in
the earliest collections, and certified by the Chief, with his seal
and signature, in the archives of the Highland Society of London.
(c.1816). The Clan tartan, in its present form, was woven by Wilson's
of Bannockburn at the beginning of the 19th century and recorded in
the firms pattern books dated 1819. Wilson often used purple in place
of blue and produced proportionately equivalent patterns in different
weights of cloth. Logan recorded a similar sett in 1831. The Vestiarium
Scoticum shows a pattern with the white stripe next to the blue but
this is regarded as an error.