The Bonnie Banks and Braes of Loch Lomand were the setting for the interesting and sometimes violent history of the Colquhouns of Luss. Their tartan is well documented, appearing in the earliest collections, and certified by the Chief, with his seal and signature, in the archives of the Highland Society of London. (c.1816). The Clan tartan, in its present form, was woven by Wilson's of Bannockburn at the beginning of the 19th century and recorded in the firms pattern books dated 1819. Wilson often used purple in place of blue and produced proportionately equivalent patterns in different weights of cloth. Logan recorded a similar sett in 1831. The Vestiarium Scoticum shows a pattern with the white stripe next to the blue but this is regarded as an error.