|One of the variations deduced from the McIan drawing
of 1845-7. This sett was woven by the Inverness Tweed Mill company
in 1869. In 1980 the Nicholsons and the MacNicols became separate
clans. When Lord Carnock was recognised as chief of the Nicolsons,
Lord Lyon accepted the petition of Ian Nicholson of Scorrybreac, to
change his name and re-matriculate his arms as Iain Macneacail of
Macneacail and Scorrybreac. Thus the Skye MacNicols are now members
of the Clan MacNeacail. See Nicholson.